Friday, July 5, 2024

Reflections on My New Car: A Journey of Anticipation and Unease

Reflections on My New Car

I recently decided to fetch my new car, but I find myself regretting the purchase even before taking delivery and becoming its owner. Perhaps it’s the weight of anticipation or the fear of the unknown.

Last night, I had a vivid dream that seemed to revolve around the car.

In my dream, I was driving along a beautiful highway, the only vehicle on the road. The incline grew steeper and steeper until I reached the edge.


There, the highway plunged dramatically into the sea. Strangely, I had shifted the car into second gear, and I noticed other cars submerged in the water, tied to floats resembling the top half of containers but much smaller than a real container - hardly longer than the car. Despite the surreal scene, I felt concern rather than fear.

A woman’s voice echoed over a PA system, like that of a flight attendant, announcing something I couldn’t quite make out. Dreams can be cryptic, and this one left me with a sense of foreboding. Falling or descending often symbolizes negative omens, and I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something about my new, second hand car.

As if to reinforce this unease, rain is imminent as I approached the dealer's place to fetch the car, a 2007 MyVi 1.3 (A), and I lack confidence in driving an unfamiliar car in wet conditions.

Perhaps it’s time to reflect on my decision and address any lingering doubts, but there's no going back.

As it happens, I got home safely; the rain was intermittent and was not heavy.

But wife and son didn't even ask about the car. Anyway. Life's like that.

My Car Adventure

Last night, I had a vivid dream centered around the car. In this dream, I was driving along a beautiful highway—the only vehicle on the road. The incline grew steeper and steeper until I reached the edge, where the highway dramatically plunged into the sea. Strangely, I had shifted the car into second gear and noticed other cars submerged in the water, tied to floats resembling small containers. Despite the surreal scene, I felt concern rather than fear.

Dreamy Car Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment